Friday, February 11, 2005

IS THERE LIFE AFTER THE OOPS?

“Oops,” I said as I took the scissors to my mother’s hair.

“Somehow that doesn’t give me a lot of confidence,” she said.

Some days it seems like the oops keep coming like lava from a volcano, one right after the other. Days like that don’t fill me with a lot of confidence.

Oops I wish I hadn't spent all that money. Oops, I wish I had stuck to my diet. Oops, I wish I hadn't said that hurtful remark. I chastise myself and wallow in the mounting failures. Will I ever learn to do it right?

There is hope.

Wallowing in our oops is counterproductive. For the believer, God has promised that the oops of sin need not overcome us spiritually. With the oops, He has provided us with a means to escape condemnation.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness (1 John 1:9 NIV).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home